Propane is a colorless and odorless flammable gas. This article discusses the harmful effects from breathing in or swallowing propane. Breathing in or swallowing propane can be harmful. Propane takes the place of oxygen in the lungs, makes breathing difficulty or impossible.
This is for information only and not for use in the treatment or management of an actual poison exposure. If you have an exposure, you should call your local emergency number (such as 911) or the National Poison Control Center at 1-800-222-1222.
Symptoms & Signs
Symptoms depend on the type of contact but may include:
Touching propane results in frostbite -like symptoms.