Alternate Names : Atarax overdose, Vistaril overdose
Hydroxyzine is an antihistamine used to treat symptoms of allergies and motion sickness.
Hydroxyzine overdose occurs when someone accidentally or intentionally takes more than the normal or recommended amount of this medication.
This is for information only and not for use in the treatment or management of an actual poison exposure. If you have an exposure, you should call your local emergency number (such as 911) or the National Poison Control Center at 1-800-222-1222.
Hydroxyzine, a prescription medication.
Note: This list may not be all-inclusive.
Symptoms & Signs
Dilated pupils are the classic symptom of this type of overdose. Other symptoms may include:
- Airways and lungs
- Bladder and kidneys
- Eyes, ears, nose, throat, and mouth
- Heart and blood
- Nervous system