Alternate Names : Cerebrospinal fluid analysis
- Antibodies and DNA of common viruses: None
- Bacteria: No bacteria grows in a lab culture
- Cancerous cells: No cancerous cells present
- Cell count: less than 5 white blood cells (all mononuclear) and 0 red blood cells
- Chloride: 110 to 125 mEq/L
- Fungus: None
- Glucose: 50 to 80 mg/100 mL (or greater than two-thirds of blood sugar level)
- Glutamine: 6 to 15 mg/dL
- Lactate dehydrogenase: less than 2.0 to 7.2 U/mL
- Oligoclonal bands: 0 or 1 bands that are not present in a matched serum sample
- Protein: 15 to 60 mg/100 dL
Note: Normal value ranges may vary slightly among different laboratories. Talk to your doctor about the meaning of your specific test results.
What do Abnormal Results Mean?
An abnormal CSF analysis result may be due to many different causes, including: